If you own a pair of skinny jeans, you know they can be hard to wear comfortably. Skinny jeans are super tight and often stretch out quickly, making them uncomfortable and unflattering after just a few wears. While buying a new pair is always an option, there are some simple ways to stretch out your skinny jeans and make them fit better. In this guide, I will provide instructions on how to stretch skinny jeans to make them more comfortable and fitting.
Don’t miss our related skinny jeans post about- How To Make Skinny Jeans Baggy?
How to Stretch Skinny Jeans?
Stretching out skinny jeans may seem like a daunting task, but there are several ways to do it. Here are three methods for stretching out skinny jeans:
Method 1: To Stretch Skinny Jeans, Use a Blow Dryer
- Step 1: Start by laying the jeans flat on a clean, dry surface.
- Step 2: Put the blow dryer on a warm setting and position it approximately 4-6 inches away from the fabric.
- Step 3: Slowly move the blow dryer up and down the length of the jeans, overlapping each stroke.
- Step 4: Focus the heat on tight areas, such as the knee and calf.
- Step 5: After a few minutes, turn the jeans over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Step 6: If needed, use a clean brush to help straighten any wrinkles while the jeans are still hot.
- Step 7: Once the jeans are warm, put them on and move them around to help shape your body.
- Step 8: Allow the jeans to cool on your body when you are done. This will help the jeans to keep their shape.
Also Read: Do Madewell Jeans Stretch Out?
Method 2: Spray Lukewarm Water To Stretch Your Skinny Jeans
- Step 1: Prepare a spray bottle filled with lukewarm water.
- Step 2: Take the pair of jeans you wish to stretch and lay them flat on a flat surface.
- Step 3: Begin to spray the lukewarm water onto the areas of the jeans that you would like to stretch.
- Step 4: Pull and stretch the jeans in the areas where you sprayed the water.
- Step 5: Use a circular motion to stretch the jeans as you pull them in all different directions.
- Step 6: Repeat steps 3-5 until you have achieved the desired stretching effect.
- Step 7: Hang the jeans up to dry and wear them when completely dry.
Method 3: Do Squats To Stretch Your Skinny Jeans
- Step 1: Begin by standing with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Your feet should be pointing straight ahead, and your back should remain straight.
- Step 2: Start the squats by bending your knees and slowly lowering your body. Make sure to keep your back straight and your knees in line with your toes.
- Step 3: As you lower your body, spread your legs apart. Spread them as far as you can without causing any discomfort.
- Step 4: Once you reach the bottom of the squat, hold the position for 1-2 seconds.
- Step 5: While still in the squat position, bring your legs back together until they align with your shoulders.
- Step 6: Push through your heels to stand back up. Repeat this exercise for 10-15 repetitions.
- Step 7: As you stand back up, you should feel the tension in your jeans. This stretches the material and gives you more room in the waist, legs, and seat.
Also Read: What To Wear Instead Of Skinny Jeans?
Stretching skinny jeans to fit is an easy and effective way to get the perfect fit. With a few simple steps, you can have the perfect pair of skinny jeans that fit you perfectly. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune to get the look and feel of designer jeans. All you need is a little time and some basic supplies. So if you’re looking for a new pair of skinny jeans, try stretching them out first and save yourself some money.