If you’re like most people, you probably wear cargo pants, at least occasionally. Cargo pants are a popular item of clothing for men and women. They are a versatile and comfortable option for many occasions. But how do you wash them without ruining them? Here are some tips on how to wash cargo pants, so they stay looking their best. Read Our recent post How Many Types of Cargo Pants Are There?
How Often Should You Wash Cargo Pants?
Cargo pants are a versatile and convenient item of clothing, but they can quickly become stained and smelly if not washed regularly. Depending on how often you wear them and how dirty they tend to get, you may need to wash your cargo pants every two to three days. If you only wear them occasionally, or if they don’t get filthy, you may be able to get away with washing them once a week.
Wash your cargo pants every two to three days
Things To Know Before Washing Cargo Pants
Here are six things to keep in mind when washing cargo pants:
1. Check the care label: Fabrics such as denim or canvas usually use to make cargo pants, but it’s always best to check the care label before washing to ensure you’re using the proper cycle and temperature.
2. Pre-treat any stains: Pretreating any stains before washing will help to ensure that they come out in the wash.
3. Be gentle: Cargo pants can be washed on a gentle cycle to avoid damaging the fabric.
4. Don’t overstuff the washing machine: Washing a smaller load will help to prevent your cargo pants from getting tangled or ripped in the washing machine.
5. Hang dry or lay flat to air dry: hanging cargo pants or laying them flat to air dry will help to prevent wrinkles and keep the fabric looking its best.
6. Iron if needed: Some cargo pants may benefit from light ironing after they’ve been washed and dried.
These tips will help you keep your cargo pants looking their best for years.
How To Wash Cargo Pants?
Cargo pants are a versatile and comfortable option for both men and women. However, cargo pants can also be difficult to clean, as the fabric is often thicker and more textured than traditional pants. The key to cleaning cargo pants is to take care of them regularly, using the following steps:
1. Check The Pockets:
Start by checking the pockets to see if any objects could damage the washing machine. Then, remove any items that could potentially cause problems.
2. Turn The Pants Inside Out:
Turn the pants inside out before washing them. This will help protect the fabric from wear and tear.
3. Use Cold Water:
Choose a gentle cycle on the washing machine using cold water. Hot water can cause the fabric to shrink or fade.
4. Adding Laundry Detergent:
Add a small amount of laundry detergent to the machine. Avoid using too much, as this can leave a residue on the fabric.
5. Dry Your Pants:
Hang the cargo pants to dry, or put them in a low heat setting in the dryer. High temperatures can damage the fabric over time.
Following these simple steps, you can keep your cargo pants looking their best for years.
Also Read: What To Wear With Camo Cargo Pants?
Questions That Ask Our Readers
1. Are cargo pants meant to be ironed?
The answer may surprise you, but the fact is that most cargo pants can iron if needed. However, it is important to check the care instructions on your particular garment before doing so. If you don’t want your clothes to get wrinkled, it is best not to iron them.
2. Can you put cargo pants in the washing machine?
When it comes to cargo pants, putting them in the washing machine is fine. Just be sure to read the care label first and follow the instructions. Depending on the fabric of your pants, you may need to use a different setting on your washing machine or another type of detergent. But overall, yes, cargo pants can go in the washing machine!
3. Can you wash cargo with jeans?
Yes, you can wash cargo pants with jeans. The two fabrics are similar enough to be washed together without any problems. Washing them together can help to preserve the color of your jeans. Just be sure to use a gentle cycle and avoid bleach, as this can damage the fabric of both cargo pants and jeans.
Now that you know how to wash cargo pants follow our tips to keep them looking and smelling great. By washing them in cold water and using a mild detergent, you’ll help them last longer. And don’t forget to hang them to dry – this will prevent the cargo pant from shrinking. Follow these simple steps, and your cargo pants will look great for seasons!